“A Photo Walk” to remember – Lens-Artists-Photo-Challenge #117

This week’s LAPC takes me to actually do the actual task (because before I just checked my photos and see if something will pass for the said challenge). I’m glad though because it encouraged me to have a walk around the Hood. Since it is Sunday, I brought the whole family with me. While my husband Jay is pushing the baby pram, I snapped with my iPhone (since I forgot my camera at home and I did almost forget about this task) the following photos:

“Der Felix ist da!” (Felix is here, in English) This is a tradition in Southern Germany (and I have seen this also in Switzerland) that everytime a new baby is born, they hang something like this in the photo outside the house of the newly born kid. We did not do this though when my daughter was born in April this year. We are a pretty rebellious non confirmist pair. Shhhh!
The morning mist has left its mark in these beautiful flowers, the things you can only witness during early morning walks, when the Sun’s rays are not yet so intense. Taken in Fürstenried neighborhood in Munich.
What a lovely and refreshing sight!
Such a tall building not to notice, no wonder it is called a Hochhaus (hoch is high in German). And I still need to figure out, and maybe ask the locals why it is called “Sparkassenhochhaus” (sparkasse meaning savings bank in German). Hmmmm,…
This is where the Citizens or residents meet, organized by the City. They offer a lot of acitivities like meet-ups for kids, mothers, etc. I will try one of their offerings one of these days. You may see a lot of meeting places like this all over the cities and towns in Germany.
Remnants of the Easter Egg Hunting? Looks like! As it is already Autumn in Germany, the leaves are turning orangy and yellow – really a magical scene to witness!
Who would not miss this humungous view of the Kare Building. These “twin towers” is our compass going back home as we just live nearby. Kare is a furniture store mostly offering one of a kind and colorful designed home items. There is a nice cafe/resto at the 4th floor (if I remember it correctly) with a big wonderful terrace where you can see (on clear skies) the Frauenkirche and the Alps.
This colorfully-designed bike was park outside of Kare and me and my husband were wondering if this is part of marketing, just art or that someone stole the seat of this bike. Hahah! You decide!

It was indeed a nice and productive walk and I am glad that I took part in this challenge hosted by Amy If you are new to this and wants to participate, check out this link .

So goodbye for now and have a great Sunday and new week ahead!

15 Comments Add yours

1. Amy says:

Oh, how I enjoy this photo walk with you. I love the first one especially, what a wonderful tradition. Fall colors are gorgeous. Nice to have a terrace outside of the store,the reflection of the sky is so beautifully captured. Lovely fall colors. 🙂

1. thanks Amy! Fall colors are indeed magical.

Liked by 1 person

1. Amy says:

🍂🍁💓

2. Tina Schell says:

Quite a fun walk Gracy! Amazed that the photos were all by phone as the quality is very good. It may be time for me to update my own phone $$$. Loved the eggs hanging from the bright leaves – such a contradictory message!!!

1. haha, I know I can count on my Iphone S20 – it is not so expensive 😉 by the way.

3. Tina Schell says:

PS. forgot to mention the beautifully dewy purple flowers. Enchanting!

1. 3 points for the purple flower! 🙂

4. pattimoed says:

What a fun walk, Gracy. I love the tradition for announcing new born babies and the purple flowers are beautiful. It was great touring your neighborhood. Glad you joined us.

1. thanks Patti! the purple flowers were such a rock star. And such new baby announcement brings positivity to the hood. Glad you enjoyed the tour. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. JohnRH says:

Excellent photos. I like the flowers and the bike in particular. ‘Sometimes’ a bike owner will take the seat with them to make a theft less tempting, but who knows! It is photogenic!

1. Thanks John, the photowalk indeed brough nice and photo-worthy discoveries….

Liked by 1 person

6. Teresa says:

That is a fun walk. I especially love that first photo with the baby tradition.

1. thanks Teresa for dropping by. Yes, it is lovely indeed.

Liked by 1 person

7. Leya says:

A really fun walk! I had never herd of announcing a baby like that – and I have a niece in Switzerland. Love the dewy asters and the eggs hanging too –

1. indeed it was! thanks Leya!

Liked by 1 person